taking my lil spitfire to the doctor is no longer an easy task anymore. gone are the days of him just laying there. not rolling. not crawling. not walking. not getting into anything. just laying there, being a good lil graham. i pretty much had to fight my son to be still for Dr. M. he did NOT want mommy to hold him. he wanted to get down on the floor, naked and barefoot and play. and with all of the stuff going on with the H1N1 flu, i certainly did NOT want to put him down. but after being punched in the jaw (not on purpose, of course. not MY child), and getting whacked in the nose, i finally gave in and just put his feisty lil butt down so he could walk to the toy area. oh, no worries. i gave that child a good scrub down with my Wet Ones when all was said and done.
- Weight: 24 lbs and 11 oz. 75th percentile
- Height: 30.5 inches 75th percentile
- Head Cir: 18 1/4 inches 50th percentile
Poor thing had to get FIVE shots. none combined. he was not the least bit happy about it whatsoever. can't say that I blame him. i would have screamed my head off too. they gave him his flu shot too. now it's time for mommy and daddy to get theirs.
Graham's eczema has gotten a lot worse so she finally prescribed a steroid cream.
These are the one year happenings:
- has 4 teeth. two front bottom and two front top
- is drinking whole milk 3 times a day...all in sippy cups. NO MORE BOTTLES!!! YAY!! Well, i am guilty of sometimes letting him have a night bottle. because really, it's the only time that he will let me hold him and cuddle him without a knock down, drag out fight.
- is only eating solid foods. pretty much eating anything that we eat.
- is now walking.
- is wearing a wide range of clothing sizes, from 12 to 24 months. just depends on the brand of clothing. he can still wear 6-9 month polos from The Children's Place. he is wearing a size 6 in his shoes. but again, totally depends on the brand. his New Balance's are size 6 but he has a size 5 from Old Navy that are wayyyy too big. Shopping for graham is so hard because I never know what size to get.
- still sleeping all night long...in his crib of course. he goes down at 7:30pm and is up at 6:30am. ON.THE.DOT. sometimes i want to put him in bed with us but it's a lost cause. he just wants to play when i try to do that. when graham is at school, he only naps once after lunch. when he is at home with me, he takes two naps. one in the morning around 10am and another around 2pm.
- he really doesn't have any favorite toys. he just plays with whatever. I think it's great that he doesn't have just one thing that he is attached to...makes it easier if it were to get lost, etc.
- he says "dada", "mama", "cat". he talks a lot in baby language. one day it will become something that we understand.
that's all that i can think of for now.