Courtney gave me my 2nd bloggy award! thank you! how fun!! i must be pretty boring cause i never get awards. ha! pity party? maybe. ;)
So here are the rules:
1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7-Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.
7 thing's about me that you may not know...or may already know...who knows...
1) i am an insomniac. i have to take medicine to sleep or i will stay up all night tossing and turning and being mad about it. so many times, my dear husband has woken up to me beating my pillow out of frustration. it's so annoying because i don't want to have to take medicine for the rest of my life to sleep. and a lot of times medicine doesn't help. i feel like my doctor(s) don't listen to me and don't have my best interest at heart because all they want to do is prescribe sleep aid, or anti-anxiety meds, or anti-depressants. I'm depressed dang it because no doctor cares to LISTEN!! lol. i haven't had a sleep study done yet but that is the next step.
2) growing up, i had a complex about being half asian. in elementary school, i remember the girls not wanting to play with me and calling me names and pulling their eyes taut and ridiculing me, telling me that i would never be anything. their mothers even looked at me as if i were an alien. i told myself then and there that i would be the best at EVERYTHING that i did. and not to toot my own horn, but i think i've done pretty well at fulfilling it. I've always been an honor roll student, always had the top score at cheerleading tryouts, always made all american at cheer camp, graduated in the top 20 in high school (with over 300 students) and in the 20 top in college, started at the very bottom where i work and in three years worked my way up to deputy director (2nd in command) at a top state government agency by the age of 25. i am head strong and determined and i will NEVER let ANYONE get in the way of my dreams and goals. i would like the thank all of the girls who have made fun of me throughout my life because i wasn't fair skinned enough or because my eyes weren't round enough. you have made me the woman i am today. a woman that i can say that i am proud to be.
3) i'm VERY outspoken and it's hard for me to hold my tongue. and often times, to my detriment, i speak without thinking. but at least you always know how i feel and what i am thinking. i know my husband absolutely LOVES this quality about me. ha!
4) i am married to the most patient, loving, considerate, compassionate, understanding man that i have EVER known in my life. he works so hard for our family and is so good to us. he goes without things that he wants and needs so graham and i can have. he hardly ever raises his voice and when i'm being a tyrant, he just looks at me with so much love in his eyes. and not only is he an awesome husband but he is the world's best daddy. yes. i said the WORLD'S BEST daddy. when we were in the hospital having graham, i didn't have to change ONE diaper. not one. he even volunteers now to get the bad ones. and if you know what it's like to have a toddler who eats solid food, then you KNOW how terrible these diapers stink. and he hardly ever complains. not about the stinky diapers, well, he does tell me how terrible they are but he doesn't gripe about doing it. he doesn't complain when i make all of the plans, only to tell him about it an hour before. he is just so laid back and just wants to make me happy and make graham happy. ahhhh, give me a minute so i can sit here, chin in hand and daydream. he's the man of my dreams. plain and simple. no, we don't have the biggest of houses, we don't drive the fanciest of cars but we sure are rich with love. and that is all that matters.
5) geez. this is getting pretty long, huh? anyone still with me??
Pandora radio is simply awesome and sure does good at getting me through the work day. it's so fabulous. if you don't know, now you know.
6) being a mom is the best thing i have ever done. i know that some people say that kids aren't for them but i just don't get it. yeah, it's nice to be able to get up and go anytime you want without having to think about what you need to throw in the diaper bag or who you can get to babysit. and yeah, it's nice to sleep in. and yeah, it's stressful knowing that you are responsible for the raising, rearing and life of another person. but i really wouldn't have it any other way. there is no love like the love that you have for your child. NOTHING compares. no, not even a love for a pet.
7) let's keep this last one simple. ha! I worked for an interior decorator for three years during college and it was ones of the best. jobs. EVER. of course, right? i mean, duh.
okay! whew. done.
The 7 people i nominate:
jill @ http://sophieblair.blogspot.com/
rebekah @ http://theboonefam.blogspot.com/
melissa @ http://melissaperkins.blogspot.com/
brandi @ http://brandihargis.blogspot.com/
whitney @ http://babybell-whitney.blogspot.com/
kelsey @ http://3scotts.blogspot.com/
kristi @ http://livelaughlovekristi.blogspot.com/