Saturday, June 6, 2009

My First Week Without Graham

What a crazy week it's been!! I am sooo behind on blogging and for this, I apologize.

Monday - Thursday (June 1 - 4th) was my conference that I've been working on for 6 months now. Ever since I was promoted to Deputy Director at my agency, the conference has always been my "baby". There will be a whole other blog on the conference...as soon as I get pictures. Pictures are on the work cameras. Anyway.

For over a year now (ever since we found out that we were having Graham) we had decided that this would be his first time to spend the week with Mimi and Poppi. And for over a year now I have dreaded for the moment to arrive. Sunday, Chad and I met Mimi (my mom) in Arkadelphia. I actually did surprisingly well. Chad, not so much. After we got home and had the house to ourselves, we didn't know what in the world to do. We are so used to being on a schedule and planning everything around Graham. So to have nothing to do, our world was pretty much flipped upside down. So we got out the Guitar Hero and had a blast. Until 8:45pm rolled around and I was exhausted. Plus I knew Monday was going to be a hectic day for me so I went to bed.

Graham, Mimi and Poppi had so much fun this past week. They spent a lot of time singing and dancing, swinging in the swing, riding in the go-cart, playing outside. I was so thankful that I was so busy during the week that I didn't have much time to really think about how much I missed Graham and Chad. But on my way to Texarkana after my conference in Hot Springs, a huge wave of emotions came over me. I called my mom and was just BALLING! I was crying so hard. You would have thought that I would have been the happiest woman in the world because my conference was OVER and I was going to be back with my family. But I was just so exhausted and still so stressed out and just FINALLY had time to be with myself to just let it all out. Anyway. Like I said, more about the conference in another post.

Here are pictures of Graham's week with Mimi and Poppi.
G's first time eating spaghetti noodles

4 comments:

jill said...

looks like he had fun! sophie has spent 2 nights away from us her whole life. i don't think i could take a whole week yet! glad the conference went well!!!!!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

He is SO BIG!! Hailey would love the golf car ride. Sorry your stressed. :*(

Lucy said...

I've been thinking about you this week!! It looks like Graham had tons of fun with Mimi and Poppi! I love the golf cart pics. He is such an angel, and I'm glad you are all back together again. Great job on the conference - I can't wait to read all about it!!

The Bishop Fam said...

Looks like Graham had a great time with Mimi!!! I know it was super hard for you to leave him for those days. G and JM should go golf cart riding together one day. That is her fav thing to do with her Mam Maw and Papaw!